Well we had a nice Thanksgiving for the most part. Took a short trip down to Florida to see Nick's dad for the Holiday.
I thought I would be daughter in law of the year by saying that I would make the dinner instead of going out. Seemed like a good idea, I like to cook, he has an amazing kitchen, and I wanted to make the WHOLE dinner once.
Now, this week had been a bit stressful for lots of reasons that we don't need to go into. I hadn't got much sleep as the kids seemed to be to excited to sleep on vacation, which means that mom is up at 6 and coffee is my fuel! No sleep and stress are never a good combo...Thanksgiving morning comes and I am busy cooking away. 2 pies, Turkey, rolls, green bean casserole, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing....ya I totally rocked it...except.... I was loosing my mind. The house was 85 degrees, the kids were screaming , and I was DONE ready to be home, missing my family, ect.
The meal starts off well, no one seemed to really be very happy with anything, but the food was good! Anyway I start to be a bit short with people to the point of my husband pulling me a side and telling me I better pull it together(never the thing to say to a woman already loosing her mind). Nick took the kids outside so I could "pull it together" while doing massive piles of dishes. I am scrubbing away in a pile of bubbles with these thoughts going through my mind...."life is good, pills would be better, screw everyone, love everyone, ect..."Then when I realised that was completely going the wrong direction I decided to pray, a much more constructive way to calm down. I prayed God would calm my mind, help me to be thankful, and except the things I can not change, and also that he would give me a "way out". I took a deep breath and turned around...there on the counter top with a glowing light coming down on it was the biggest bottle of red wine I had ever seen. This had to be a gift from God to settle my nerves....that or the devil wanting me to look like a bigger idiot. So I poured a glass of wine and finished the dishes...by the time the dishes where done, so was the wine...and Leann was happy as a clam, not stressed a bit, and ready to love the world....Until Nick comes it and takes my glass, looks at the bottle, then at me, and says..."Here we go..."
Let's just say I was in a great mood the rest of the day. Sat in the sun, read a book, played with the kids, went on a bike ride with the family. GREAT THANKSGIVING!
Although I can not go into detail about the whole story here...all in all it was a great thanksgiving.
Some quotes from the day that made me stressed..
"I don't eat turkey"
"Today is THanksgiving? Really? Huh.."
"Is this what we are eating?"
" It's funny I think the food tastes different in florida."
" Stop the noise"
"What did you say?"
Hope your Thanksgiving was amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment